Monday, November 15, 2010
It is official! I have some funding from my school and I just officially registered to attend the National Art Education Convention in Seattle, Washington.
I am really excited about attending:
- This will be the first National Convention I have been able to attend since Grad school. I went to Boston in 05, Chicago in 06 and New York in 07. George Mason helped pay for those travels.
- I live in Virginia and my Mom, step dad and my sister and her family live in Kirkland, WA.
- My mom turns 60 on March 12th. I surprised her in Washington on her 50th 10 years ago so it is kind of a tradition!
- I miss my family (my nieces especially) and look forward to seeing them!
- I love getting new ideas and new perspectives on Art Ed.
- Signed up for a Chihuly tour!
- Will I get to meet any of my blogger buddies??
So I will have two nights in the convention hotel and the rest either at my mom or my sister's. I have already lined up a good sub and will work with him on some lessons - he already teaches a graphic design elective for me so I know he will be great and I won't have to worry about my students missing out on any learning!
So are any of you out there going?? Let me know!