Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break... is over

Creative Every Day Challenge for April is the 5 Senses. I think my Spring Break recap can cover them all.

Today was my first day back to work after being on Spring Break for 10 days. It started out slow then picked up steam as the week went on. We relaxed the first few days and put out some calls for play dates for Bailey. Since I didn't want to sit around doing nothing waiting for the phone to ring I decided we would go to the Zoo on Tuesday. The weather had not quite turned yet there was a threat of rain and it was very windy. So I put on three shirts packed a towel and an umbrella and set the GPS (even though I didn't follow it). I enjoyed driving through DC showing Bailey where I went to school at The Corcoran School of Art(sight), where the monuments are and how my friends used to ride the metro out to the zoo when we were in High School. A lot of things were still closed but we had a good time and I had fun photographing all the textures (sight). Bailey said he liked the Prairie Dogs best - it was fun because they were so close. Throughout the zoo they were mulching (smell) the landscaping so the animals didn't smell too bad!

I enjoyed the lions! The big boy lion was out and pransing - I swear he was posing for everyone. He reminded me of Alex from Madagascar. He also gave us a little roar (hearing)- more like a hello.


I also enjoyed the Reptile House, especially all the little reptile gargoyles on the building:
The turtle pond was so fun to watch - there were sooooo many of them!




I have a picture of all my High School friends on this froggy - will have to dig it out...

The rest of our week involved a lot of baseball - as does our springs and summers. We watched a high school team play - I helped out coaching the rec ball team (touch) and we went to see the Red Sox play the Nationals in DC. The park has games for the kids - Bailey struck out Ryan Howard and Bobby Abreau at the digital pitching booths. He is throwing about 45 MPH. (HE ROCKS!)

It was an exhibition game because the Sox usually don't play the Nationals in the regular season. The Red Sox beat them with ease! Bailey and I enjoyed our baseball favorite - sunflower seeds, as well as hot dogs and cracker jacks (taste) to make it a true all american day we were just missing the apple pie! We also watched the Red Sox opening game against the Yankees. It was an awesome game and the Red Sox won! Great way to start off the season, I hope they can keep it up and shut up all the Yankee fans this season!

We enjoyed a car trip to see the land my father-in-law just purchased in Cumberland County Virginia. It was interesting setting out on this two hour trip and to not really end up anywhere. It was Easter Sunday so I felt like we should have been going to Grandma's house. And it was a little upsetting to finally 'arrive' and not be able to go tot he bathroom! The only thing on the land was a mailbox, a rusty can, pricker bushes (touch) and a dead dear (smell). There was a small stream (hearing) and a few abandoned sheds, too. Most of the property we couldn't get to using the four wheelers. My husband is already plotting the large equipment he wants to bring back next time!






We had fun and it was a beautiful day!!
 Our last day of break was Monday so we slept late and took it easy. We went and met Dad for lunch. Then made sure we were in bed at a decent hour. Can't wait for summer - only about 10 more weeks!

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment