Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Story

My story is procrastination. I wait until I have no other choice but to do it. I have always been this way - assignments at school, projects in college. I always said it was I did not have the motivation or get good ideas until I HAD to, the truth is I would finally just settle for good enough because I had no time left. My ideas are always much more grandious. Maybe it is just a matter of lowering my expectations.

Like today I am finally sewing the eyes on the penguin I made for my mother's birthday. She lives on the opposite coast so I have to factor in mailing time, the penguin has been complete since February and I was so proud to be thinking ahead and getting it done early!

Now a week later I am finally back to finishing up this post that has been sitting in draft mode for several days. Like Leah's recent post said the theme has been floating in my head since I saw it posted. Stories. My first thought goes to my godmother. (again) She always called her soap operas - stories. It was great when Nikki and Victor were fighting or back together again and she would get frustrated with them and say, "these damn stories" and click off the tv! Another good one from my childhood was the corn up the nose story - one my mother loved to tell and a suggestion I have actually given out before. I had corn up my nose - and not being able to reach it any other way my mother sucked it out with a straw! He favorite part to tell of course was - we hadn't had corn to eat for about a week! I guess I am luck a stalk did not grow from it! Ah stories - gotta luv em....
Here is the penguin - well on his was to Washington State.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment