Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pinterest Ideas in Action

I have been a bad blogger... not updating as often as I would like. So I am going to try to get some updates going. I have been implementing a lot of ideas I have pinned on Pinterest so I will start by describing a few.
Last year I saw these white umbrellas in the Oriental Trading catalog and thought those would be great for my Art Club to make a donate to our Holiday Auction. But I wasn't sure how the designing would go.
So this little photo from Pinterest got me started...

Here is where it came from:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmhurt71/4498578774/in/faves-mycreativebuzz/
It is actually folded paper but it reminded me of an umbrella!
Here are the finished umbrellas my 4th and 5th grade Art Club kids made - they got into groups and chose a theme for each one. They used fabric markers and I blew each one with a hairdrier to heat set them. I would be afraid to acutally use them in the rain - but they make great decor.

tie dye polka dots!

GES is our school - I like the popcorn, soda movie mask idea!

Nature and animal theme

this one had an animal, nature theme. They were inspired by my animal print - wild about art theme in my room!
they put their names into a word search on the last panel.

I think they turned out great!

6 comments (+add yours?)

Marilena said...

What a great project by your students.
I love the bold colors, lines and patterns.

Miss said...

What a great fundraising idea- I wonder how you could make them usable in the rain? On a random note, I saw the boss of Oriental Trading on the TV show "Undercover Boss" a while back... very interesting.

Steffi said...

I bought these from oriental trading and could not figure out how to approach a lesson. This is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Chavi Rana said...


very nice collection of blog post you have posted here thank you very much for posting such blog post.


Party Hall Booking || Banquet Halls in Delhi || Party Halls in West Delhi

Top Coaching Centres Rohini said...

Amazing blog post you have shared here .
Digital Marketing Course in Rohini
Digital Marketing Training in Rohini
Digital Marketing Institute in Rohini
Best Digital Marketing Course in Rohini

Top Coaching Centres Rohini said...

I like your blog post very much so thank you very much for posting and keep updating.

Web Designing Course in Rohini
Web Designing Training in Rohini
Web Designing Training in Rohini
Web Designing Course in Rohini
Web Designing Course in Rohini

Post a Comment