Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had to go to school Monday and Tuesday. I had a full schedule on Monday but no Kindergarten or 1st grade on Tuesday. So I needed a simple and fun holiday lesson for K, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. 5th is still working on their Day of the Dead skulls, I know bad timing and their performance messed the timing up even more, but I am pushing through because some of them are looking really great! 4th grade is finishing up their mandalas, they should need one more class.
So in browsing my favorite blogs I used a combo of Mrs. Hahn's Countdown Turkeys and Ms. Art Teacher's post Lesson for week before thanksgiving to create a cute turkey lesson that was easy, low prep, and used up some of the MANY tp rolls I have stored.
I limited the feathers to 3 concentric circles and I cut squares of different colors and put templates for the circles on each table. They decorated the tube with the turkey face in markers and I stapled the tube to the circles so it stands up on its own.
It was fun - I tried to get more out of them than just "I am thankful for my family" I did get a few that were thankful for art class and Mrs. Burke and school.

All three of these say family. You can see the squares set up on the counter in the background.

This one has an awesome turkey drawing.


Awww! My sample said Mrs. Burke is thankful for great students! and I sure am!
Here is a cutie leaving at bus call - he made this in his classroom.

Hope everyone has a great and relaxing holiday.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment