Saturday, August 28, 2010

Portfolios! ~ 4th and 5th Grade

For the first day of art class we go over all the procedures and rules, what I call the blah, blah and then create our portfolios for the year.
For 4th and 5th grade I give them a lot of freedom and tell them to write their name, first and last with their class code in the bottom right corner. Then they write their name in block or bubble letters across the whole portfolio. They decorate with construction paper crayons. I tell them to decorate in a way that tells me something about them.
5th grade used black paper and silver sharpies. 4th used colored paper and black sharpies.



This is the friend I wrote about last year. He is still fascinated
with Alice and Wonderland!

Loved how she used different pressure on the crayons inside of the letters!
Great designs and texture!

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment